Where to Turn
Google Tools For Entrepreneurs
• Google Tools for Entrepreneurs provides free weekly video lessons ranging from business, marketing, and tech classes taught by leading experts.
Design for America
• DFA is a nationwide network of interdisciplinary student teams, including RISD/Brown, using design to create local & social impact.
• Creative-Startups provides an intensive course in Creative Entrepreneurship, connections with creative entrepreneurs, and access to investors.
NYFA Arts Business Incubator
• The NYFA ABI explores the best practices associated with running a startup in the arts. Participants receive coaching, mentoring, and subsidized professional services.
• The first museum-led incubator is a shared workspace and professional development program designed to support creative practitioners working in the areas of art, technology, and design.
Venture for America
• VFA is a program for talented grads to spend 2 years in the trenches of a start-up with the goal to revitalize American cities.
Design Entrepreneur NYC
• DENYC is a program for emerging fashion designers in NYC to participate in a free "mini-MBA" to gain business skills and cash awards for their business.
• A global network of passionate entrepreneurs on a mission to inspire, educate, and empower individuals, teams & communities.
The Startup Guide
• The Guide gives advice for future entrepreneurs who want to build a big company while creating sustainable value for society at-large.
• Whether you’re an engineer, artist, financial wizard, or entrepreneur, Upstart believes the most important startup is you.
• 500 Startups provides early-stage companies with up to $250K & helps them succeed in ways other venture firms do not.
• The Designer Fund is an angel fund of designers which provides angel funding, mentorship, & connections to entrepreneurial designers.
• Think Big partners with top schools and students to help start ups recruit high level talent in tech and creative roles.